Monday 9 May 2016

Creating Virtual Machine on Azure

Continuing from my previous post.

In previous post we saw how to register for Free Azure Portal Account, if you missed you can find the link here.

Today we will see how to create Virtual Machine for Dynamics Navision 2016 pre Loaded.

Lets start creating one for our future posts practice.

Open the page : https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/free/ and follow onscreen Instruction to login to your account.

Login using the account credentials you used for registering on Azure Portal.

Azure-5

Upon signing you will be landed to your dashboard on Portal.

You can see we don't have any resource on Portal yet.

Azure-6

Lets start creating one.

Click on New from Top right corner.

Choose Virtual Machine.

Enter "Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016" in the search box, it will list available Virtual Machine images.

Select the one available Virtual Machine for commissioning.

I have choose this because we will get preinstalled NAV 2016 which will save our time.

Azure-7

Select Deployment Model, I have choose Classic and click on Create.

Azure-8

Next we will enter  Host Name, User Name, Password, other things you adjust as per your need. Click on Create.

Note your User Name & Password you will require this to login to the Server.

Azure-9

Give some time to get created and up your Server.

In the mean time you can explore other things till your Server is up and running for you.

Once it is made available, you can start login and explore your newly created Server.

Where to find my Server?

From the Navigation Bar choose Virtual Machine (classic).

It will list you all Virtual Machines created by you.

Select your Virtual Machine in my case it is NavDemo.

You can find the Server Name and IP of your Virtual Machine.

Azure-10

I am using my IP to login to my Server.

Open your Remote Desktop Connection and enter your IP.

The User Name & Password as we created in previous step.

Azure-11

Here I am Login to my Server.

Azure-12

You can see that Dynamics NAV 2016 is already available with my Server.

Azure-13

That's all for today, we will see more in my upcoming posts.

Till then keep exploring & Learning.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment